After many years of espousing the great joys of French rap (Supreme NTM still kills me every time), I’ve recently discovered my second favorite type of rap: Korean rap. And even better: Korean rap videos outclass just about every other type of rap music video (Die Antwoord gets its own category).
Granted, this is based on a sample size of one, but I think you’ll agree this is pretty much a grade-A killer deal-making sample. It’s like LMFAO and Kim Jong-Il did the nasty, and produced South Korea’s greatest gift to digital media:
- Nope, I have no idea what “Super Gangnam Style” means. The first time I listened to this song, I was convinced he was saying “open condom style.”
- It’s nice to know that gratuitous ass shots seem to be a cross-cultural crowd pleaser, universally accepted in the world of rap videos.
- I don’t know if the horse-riding dance move is a Korean thing or just this dude’s thing, but strongly believe that it needs to go global. It’s could become this generation’s macarena/electric slide!
- The guy in the elevator at 1:55 is my absolute favorite.
- Parachute short are back. At least, in Korea.